Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tangy Lemon Frosting

Monday I shared my fab lemon cupcake recipe.
I also shared that my Easter frosting FAILED.
I tried to take a short cut and turn some leftover vanilla frosting into lemon...
The results of my creativity and frugality: tasty but uuuuuugly :)
Luckily I do have a tried and true lemon frosting so you don't have to experience the same failure!
It's light & fluffy & tangy & buttery.
Tastes like spring!


Lemon Frosting

ingredients:
1/4 cup Earth Balance soy butter
1/4 cup organic vegetable shortening
3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1 TBSP vanilla coconut milk
1 whole grated lemon peel (about 1/4 cup)
3 cups powdered sugar

instructions:
-Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer until smooth.
-Mix in lemon juice until incorporated.
-Add powdered sugar and mix until creamy.
-After adding sugar, slowly add the milk until you have a spreadable consistency.
-Stir in lemon peel.
-Frost away! This frosts about 12-16 cupcakes. I guess it just depends on how generous you are ;)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...