- Lunch date with my favorite girl and her daddy :)
- Flowers at work.
- Just Dance for Wii
- Super encouraging comments about my last post... thanks guys!
- Lots of "Smoochies"
- Unedited Lily footage that Hunter took throughout the past month when I've been at work. Because he "knew that what I really wanted for my birthday was more time with Lily". Have you ever heard of anything so sweet?
- Gluten free garden veggie pizza for dinner.
- Soy caramel ice cream for dinner!
- Oh yeah, and the coolest handmade gift ever. My amazing sister-in-law made me this gorgeous painting of my favorite poem.
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you. For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
Isn't it beautiful?!
I still can't read the whole thing without tearing up a little.
I can't wait to find a place to hang it!
Thank you to everyone who made me feel so loved yesterday.
I think 27 is going to be a great year :)