(Available in the Bow+Arrow Art shop.)
One month of intentional living down... 11 to go!
I'm kidding. Here's hoping some of these good habits stick. :)
Month 1: Eating Intentionally was really great.
Also hard and I'm tired of tracking my every bite, but such a good way to get back to fueling my body with the good stuff!
So here's how I ended up.
- 8-8oz glasses of water each day
- Honestly, I think I did really well with this one! Being mindful + aware helped so much and I feel a TON better just by getting more water. #winning
- A green smoothie each day
- I missed a day or two but stuck to this one too... Actually not that hard because I think they're delicious!
- 1 c almond milk + 1 c frozen strawberries + 1 c spinach + vanilla protein = YUM
- Switch to half decaf coffee
- Straight up failed. My fabulous in-laws gave me a Keurig for Christmas (!!!) which came with a sampler pack of amazing coffees... that are NOT half-caf. I honestly made pretty much no attempt and I'm not even sorry.
- Detox tea in the evening instead of snacking
- Holla! I love detox tea and it's an awesome way to wind down. Confession: occasionally it was more like detox tea AND a snack. But not always, I swear!
- Meal plan all dinners
- Boom! As a matter of fact I filled the freezer with 2 weeks of dinners so I barely even had to cook for 2 weeks. Will most definitely be doing that again!
I'm really happy with how it went this month.
Did I still occasionally binge on mint chocolate chip ice or Domino's gluten free pizza? yeah... oops.
Did I lose 40 pounds and become a supermodel? Nope.
BUT the whole point was to be intentional about what I ate and to fuel my body with healthy, wholesome foods, and I certainly did a much better job than I had been lately.
So hooray! High 5!
How did you do with your goals? Do you blog about them?
Leave a link in the comments, I'd love to read about yours.
Also, do you ever do healthy freezer meals?
I'm super interested in keeping this up and I would love your tips + recipes!