Monday, March 31, 2014

April: Free Printable Calendar

(Download your free printable calendar and print away!)

Today Lily and I were painting. 
Girlfriend looooves to paint and it's a nearly daily activity. 
Anyway, usually she paints intently while I do dishes or pick up or make lunch etc... 
But today the maintenance guy was replacing the water heater so we had a little extra time to kill. 
So I picked up a brush and gave it a try. 

Now clearly I'm an amateur and I don't intend to switch the biz over to watercolors soon.
BUT it was so freeing and revitalizing to just create with no pressure!
I wasn't painting FOR anyone, or trying to stay on trend or thinking how to market my end product. 
I was just dipping my plastic paintbrush in the crayola paints and trying to keep up with my 2 year old's mad painting skills. 

And then I liked it. :) 
So I made it the April printable calendar. 
This little project has been SO fun for me to see how my styles change and shift from month to month as I create a little something fun, and this month? 
Well, this is where I'm at. 

I'm headed into April with a plan of action for being an INTENTIONAL business owner. 
Not "just a mom who has a little side drawing thing... (awkward smile)".
Nope. 
A small, creative business owner and hand lettering artist! 
That's what I intend to tell people when they ask me what I do. 
And if I'm super absent on the blog (as I have been) just know that it's because I'm busy busy creating new prints and cards and fabulous entrepreneurial schemes! 
I'll keep ya posted. ;)    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...